Monday 20 June 2011

Crystal Heartbreak

Hi guys,

I know its been a while, how have you been? You wouldn’t guess why I haven't updated? ...................*smile* I couldn't decide which of my pieces to display and which story to write about, I also don’t have an update on my steps towards business building and CONQUERING THE WORLD!

So *sigh* I’ve been in limbo.

I'm just going to tell you a story and hope that I build my business along the way. Been looking for a picture I took of a gorgeous pair of earrings I made (even if I do say so myself), it was meant to be a catalyst of love, the start to an amazing relationship, it seems like I’m over achieving right?


Here’s the story behind the earrings:

I've got this friend who I've known like forever.....let me calculate how long.........................uhhhm I've known him since fourth grade that's..............yikes 18 years! WOW, ok, back to the story,

He's a really nice guy, couldn’t hurt a fly, great listener and the good thing about him is we can pick up our friendship whenever we meet, no matter how long ago we’ve seen each other, or how far apart these meetings may be.

So my friend asked me for a favour, he wanted to give a girl a present at Christmas, he didn’t want something generic like cake, cards or perfume, he wanted to give her jewelry and asked your’s truly *wink* to make a one of a kind bespoke piece.

.............oooooohhhhh I thought....there must be a story here, so ‘amebo’ mode kicks in and I bother him till he tells me who the earrings are for...........you wouldn't believe it

It’s for this girl we both went to grade school with, I was so surprised, my quiet anti-risk taking friend was making a romantic gesture, I felt like cupid with my bow primed, my next thought was ‘this has to work’. The girl’s actually my friend now, we meet like 3 times a year at various events and I recently added her to my contact list on blackberry, so I can call her my friend, right?

Confession time (now whispering) I couldn’t stand this girl in primary school, she was one of those pampered babies;

Some people were born with silver spoons in their mouths, hers was platinum.

I couldn’t figure her out; while we were tomboys, hanging with the guys.......she was pretty and dainty and always looked kind of fragile, when it was time to go home they’d wash her feet with some sort of rose petal liquid before she got into the car............you can imagine how the rest of us smirked........let’s call her ‘Princess’......

Ok back to the subject, Princess is actually a really nice person, effortlessly chic, aspiring fashion designer and still a little delicate, so I kind of had a big task ahead figuring out what to make for her.

I decided to make a simple but classy piece, top notch crystals and high end metal; Swarovski all the way with gold plated accessories, when it came to colour I decided to go with something that could be worn on virtually any outfit without it being black, gold or silver, I settled for a shade of Swarovski called gold dust.

It took me about four hours to make the earrings but I was totally satisfied with the end result, dome shaped yet slightly dangly, perfect. I took a picture for my archives and waited for him to come pick it up.

He drove an hour thirty minutes interstate and headed straight for my house, paid and waited while I wrapped the earrings in a box and tied the bow, quizzing him about the girl.......that morning I learnt life lesson no. 318 never expect a guy to have an opinion on jewellery, it look all the same to him, hmmmph....after all my hard work, all he could say was ‘it looked okay’.

He had absolutely no opinion on the earrings; I was hoping I’d ask her for an opinion when she got it, but alas, the end of the story isn’t as I hoped.

Prince charming arrived at the castle but wasn’t granted entrance, so he dropped off the earrings but didn’t get to see Princess, how sad........I was hoping he would describe her surprised face as she opened the box and tell me the full tale of love but alas this story was to end in crystal tears, I actually pursued it and sent her a ping but got no response (something didn’t seem right).........

I never got a verdict on the earrings. Two weeks later, we talked and he told me it wasn’t meant to be, a story of love craved and lost.

I took a risk and asked her recently what she thought about the earrings and she had no idea what I was talking about, I hope she didn’t fling the box in the dumpster though, I’d be heartbroken if she did, this story would turn from crystal tears to crystal war

......to tell the truth I’d rather not know........

What do you think I should call the piece?

Love lost?

Tear drops?

Crystal pain?

Let me know yeah.........I hope you weren’t expecting a mushy story

Have a great day people, my lunch breaks almost up.

Here’s a picture of the earrings.


Holla okay.....I would appreciate a comment or two.

Eni’s List of interpretations:
Amebo – busy body

No comments:

Post a Comment